Published: February 26, 2021
MIDDLE TENNESSEE SCHEDULED LANE CLOSURES
February 25 – March 3, 2021
BEDFORD COUNTY, Widening SR 16 (US 41A) from SR 64 to Jenkins Road
- From now through March 1, SR 437 between SR 64 and SR 16 will be closed for tie-in reconstruction at SR 16. A signed detour will be in place.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Safety Improvements at the I-65 Off-Ramps at Wedgewood Ave (MM 81)
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closures on the I-65 southbound off-ramp to Wedgewood Avenue to install traffic control devices.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Safety Improvements at the I-65 Northbound Harding Place Off-Ramp (MM 78)
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, The ramp from Harding Place east to I-65 north will be temporarily closed for construction activities.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Sign Installation on I-24
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure on I-24 in both directions at MM 48 and partial exit ramp closure at exit 47/47A at MM 48 to for sign installation work.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Interchange Improvements on I-24 at Hickory Hollow Parkway
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be intermittent lane closures on I-24 in both directions for construction activities at MM 60.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Construction of Pedestrian Facilities on U.S. 70S (SR 1) from SR 251 (Old Hickory Boulevard) (LM 7.85) to Erin Lane (LM 8.30)
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for construction work.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Widening SR 112 (Clarksville Highway) from SR 155 to SR 12
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures for construction activities.
DAVIDSON and RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24 SMART Corridor
- Nightly 8PM-5AM, There will be intermittent lane closures on I-24 between MM 55-80 for construction activities.
- Saturday, February 27, 5AM-12PM, There will be a lane closure on I-24 at MM 53 for tree trimming.
HUMPHREYS COUNTY, Bridge Repairs on I-40 over the Buffalo River
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be intermittent lane closures in both directions for construction operations at MM 140-142.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Sidewalk Construction on SR 13 (LM 23-26)
- Nightly, 12AM-11AM, There will be a lane closure for construction work.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Widening on SR 149 and SR 13/48
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be intermittent road closures for blasting activities on SR 13 and 149 near the Cumberland River.
SMITH COUNTY, SR 25 Rockfall Mitigation
- From now through September 2021, SR 25 north of the SR 80 intersection is reduced to one lane for a rockfall mitigation project.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on US 31 (SR 6) from Hillview Lane to Country Road
- Daily, 8:30AM-3PM and Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure for resurfacing work.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Construction of Mack Hatcher NW Quadrant
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on SR 96 between Front Street and Boyd Mill Ave for road widening activities.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Widening SR 96 Between Arno Road and SR 252 (Wilson Pike)
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on SR 96 for clearing and construction activities.
WILSON COUNTY, Bridge Widening on SR 171 over I-40
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be intermittent closures on I-40 from MM 225-226 for temporary asphalt paving.
WILSON COUNTY, The repair of the bridge over Jug Creek on SR 266
- Through June 2021, The roadway is reduced to one lane for bridge repair.
>>> MAINTENANCE & UTILITIES
- Thursday, February 25 and Friday, February 26, 8AM-6PM, There will be lane closures on I-40 at MM 141 in both directions for asphalt repairs.
- Sunday, February 28, 6AM-8AM, Lewisburg Electric will have rolling roadblocks on I-65 at exit 32 for fiber crossing.
- Daily, 9AM-3PM (excluding weekends), There will be alternating lane closures on I-840 at MM 52-61 for spot milling and paving operations.
- Tuesday, March 2, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 at MM 183 to repair shoulder.
- Sunday, February 28, 6AM-8AM, Comcast will have rolling roadblocks on I-840 near exit 72 for aerial fiber crossing.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.