Updated September 18, 2019


Giles County Fire and Rescue volunteers responded to a shed fire over the weekend on 1181 Jackson Clinic Road in Minor Hill.

Assisting the rescue volunteers were Minor Hill Volunteer Fire Department, Minor Hill Police Department and Giles County EMS.

Jennifer McNatt, owner of the residence,  said  the fire took hold of the shed while burning trash adjacent to the structure.

Giles County Fire and Rescue Assistant Chief Brandon Hughes said everything is dry right now due to the severe lack of rain in Giles County.

The best advice Hughes said he could give is if you are burning anything, make sure to have someone monitoring the fire at all times and keep a water source nearby in case things get out of hand.