Updated 12/2/19

The state historic preservation office will begin accepting grant applications for historic preservation projects starting December 1st.

According to a press release, the exact amount of the grant funding is not known at this time but is expected to be in the range of 250 thousand dollars and will be available after congress passes the federal budget.

Applications will be reviewed, rated and ranked and decisions on funding grants will be made when the exact amount of funds are known in August.

The grants are matching grants and will reimburse up to 60% of the costs of approved project work with the remaining 40% to be provided by the grantee as matching funds.

Restoration of historic buildings must follow the secretary of the interior’s standards for the treatment of historic properties.

For more information go to tn dot gov slash environment.