Published 2/23/2021


A 59 year old man was found dead inside of a Lawrence County building on Littrell Road in Loretto over the weekend. The Homeless Man appears to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning after running a generator inside a building  as temperatures plunged below freezing.

When police performed a welfare check on the man Friday, a generator was found running inside the building, officers warned him not to run the generator indoors. The next day, the man, whose name is not being released, was found dead inside the building with the generator still inside.

The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency said Monday night that 12 people had died in the state as a result of the winter storms.