FM 97.5   FM 98.3   FM 100.1   FM 100.5   FM 100.7   FM 103.5


Published: September 18, 2019


IN RECOGNITION OF CARBON MONOXIDE AWARENESS DAY, THE TENNESSEE STATE FIRE MARSHAL’S OFFICE AND THE TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH ARE SHARING SAFETY TIPS TO REMIND TENNESSEANS OF THE DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH CARBON MONOXIDE, OFTEN CALLED THE “SILENT KILLER.”  CARBON MONOXIDE IS AN ODORLESS, COLORLESS GAS CREATED WHEN NATURAL FUELS BURN INCOMPLETELY. IN THE HOME, HEATING AND COOKING EQUIPMENT THAT BURN FUEL, LIKE BARBEQUES, FIREPLACES, AND FUEL-POWERED HEATERS, ARE POTENTIAL SOURCES OF CARBON MONOXIDE. IN 2017, THE TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH REPORTED 25 UNINTENDED DEATHS RELATED TO CO TOXICITY THAT OCCURRED IN TENNESSEE AND 129 SUCH DEATHS FROM 2014-2018.